Monday, January 03, 2005

back and in a new year

It's a brand new year and it's back to work.

Well, not that I've been lazing around for the past week or so (can't do that since I used up all my leave entitlement in early December), but I just felt a sense of greater urgency and importance in coming back to work today. I figure it probably draws from the realisation that just about the whole city wakes up from its year-end slumber today, from the workforce coming back from the Christmas cum New Year break, and the school-going tots also back from holidays.

Needless to say, all this translates to more vehicles on the road, cars, motorcycles and buses alike, leading to the familiar morning and evening bumper-to-bumper crawls in this lurve-ly city of traffic jams, Kuala Lumpur.

I want the world to go back on holiday.

No comments: