Friday, December 07, 2007

caught up

After three consecutive late nights at work, I decided that enough was enough. I left the office at 7.00 p.m. yesterday (relatively early by CF industry standards!) and went straight home. It rained throughout my journey. Not surprisingly therefore, traffic was heavy, but with the pitter patter of the rain outside, it gave me time to just sit back, relax, and think.

Popo wasn’t at home so I got some yong tau foo that mum had brought for me last weekend, and made it into a soup dish with some noodles. Cut up about a dozen pink jambu air and I had a pretty decent dinner going. With that, I just chilled out the whole night watching Chef at Home and Chef at Large. How nice was it to just sit back and do nothing! I certainly could get used to this!

Read Isaiah 6 before going to bed and was caught up with the message of God’s holiness. Meditated on verse 3 and was trying to imagine the seraphs flying around the throne of God whispering to one another, “Holy!”, “Holy is the Lord God Almighty!” and for the first time, I understood (or at least I thought I had a better inkling of) how they felt! They really must have been so caught up with an understanding of God’s holiness that all they could do was to repeat all over again “Holy! Holy! Holy!”. Almost like how we double up our praises when we talk about something that we really love. “That was fantabulous! Super friggin’ good!” Okay, maybe not exactly the best of examples but you get the point. No? Come and see me then on a lesson on theology.

I took half a day off today just to recuperate further and get some more rest. Woke up at 10.00 a.m. (what bliss!) and had breakfast. Watched the financial updates on Bloomberg TV and was glad that the market went up again, as my investments. Also managed to get my packing done for youth camp. And now with time on my hands, I blog.

I will have a few more hours of work later before I call it quits for the weekend. I’ve got a get-together to attend tonight that’s organised by one of the legal firms that we work with. I’m looking forward to some good company, food and wine. A deserving treat after a long, hard week.

The weekend beckons. I’m diving in!

In the year that King Uzziah died, I saw the Lord seated on a throne, high and exalted, and the train of his robe filled the temple. Above him were seraphs, each with six wings; With two wings they covered their faces, with two they covered their feet, and with two they were flying.

And they were calling to one another:

Holy, holy, holy is the Lord Almighty; the whole earth is full of his glory.

Amen.

No comments: