Saturday, July 21, 2007

dive @ Perhentian - day 3

On the morning of Day 3, I decided to wake up a little earlier than usual to spend some time alone. After getting past the initial struggle of pulling myself from under the sheets, I took a shower, got dressed, and then headed down to the beach with my Bible.

The Sunday morning heralded the new day with beautiful hues of blue, yellow and orange. There was a light breeze in the air and it was quiet.

Picture doing your quiet time with this view!


Silent rays breaking the dawn.


After breakfast, I spent the next couple of hours sitting through some more classes with the OW gang. Wasn't too interesting. Blah blah blah...

Later on in the morning, the leisure and AOW divers had gone out for their morning dives, but since the OW gang didn't have dives scheduled for the rest of the morning, it was time for a late morning siesta (if there was such a thing)!


At about 11am, I thought about the faithful mulling about their usual business back in church. It would have been Coffee Hour so I sent back this tempting picture through MMS with the caption, "This is me on a Sunday morning!" Haha!


Lying on the hammock, just a tilt of my head to the right and this is what I see. Maybe I should have sent this picture instead.


The OW gang having lunch at Samudra Cafe. Had a nasi ladna, which turned out OKAY.


The rest of the afternoon was packed with our dives. We did a few more "confined" dives at Teluk KK where we practiced a few new skills. Also had a chance to swim around a bit as the area was fairly deep. Yeah...so much for the term "confined" dive.

My group even saw a turtle swimming around! A green turtle...I think. Did I fail to mention that before this dive, Irene and I had been jokingly complaining that the best thing that we had seen so far was sea cucumber?! Sea cucumber that we had even given the quintessential generic name "Bob". Today wasn't Bob's day unfortunately, as he was bumped off his pedestal by our new turtle friend.

I'll let the pictures tell the rest of the story...


End of Dive #1.


A short rest and soon we're switching our air tanks for Dive #2 at Shark Point!


Of course, some decided that sleep was more important.


Gotta feed 'em hungry divers.


Han Ther, me, Hooi Teng and Poh Sim

No comments: