Friday, January 13, 2006

imitating everything you say

My first allegiance is not to a flag, a country or a man
My first allegiance is not to democracy, or blood
It's to a King and a Kingdom

Derek Webb, King and a Kingdom




Derek's back! And he's more edgy than ever this time around!

This was the first song that I heard from his new album entitled "Mockingbird" and from the few songs that I have already listened, it sets the tone, musically and lyrically, for the rest of the album.

Echoing what many critics have already mentioned, "Mockingbird" prods, provokes and digs deep into the very core of what many consider to be Christian spirituality, sometimes toeing the line of controversy. Interestingly, Brian McLaren and Donald Miller have lauded his work.


I think I will like it =)

No comments: