Monday, November 08, 2004

Amos 5:21-27

The Word of the Lord, taken from Amos Chapter 5...

v21> "I hate, I reject your festivals. Nor do I delight in your solemn assemblies."

v22> "Even though you offer up to Me burnt offerings and your grain offerings, I will not accept them; And I will not even look at the peace offerings of your fatlings."

v23> "Take away from Me the noise of your songs; I will not even listen to the sound of your harps."

v24> "But let justice roll down like waters of righteousness like an ever-flowing stream."

v25> "Did you present Me with sacrifices and grain offerings in the wilderness for forty years, O house of Israel?"

v26> "You also carried along Sikkuth your king and Kiyyun, your images, the star of your gods which you made for yourselves."

v27> "Therefore, I will make you go into exile beyond Damascus," says the Lord, whose name is the God of hosts.

No comments: