Friday, January 01, 2010

goodbye 2009, hello 2010

Thank you LORD...

for every friend and loved one that You bless me with 
for every safe journey traveled
for the food and sustenance that you place on my table 
for every prayer answered
for Your constant provision in times of need
for Your protection from harm and danger
for Your immeasurable grace that you bestow on me
for teaching me to love even the unlovable
for showing me how to forgive others just as you have forgiven me
for all the great times
for all the bad times
for the times You lift me up when fall down
for being a GOD who journeys with me through thick and thin

*****

Was just at PJGH's Watchnight Service just a couple of hours ago. If there was one word that could describe the general theme of the meeting, "thankfulness" would win it hands down. Several Scripture verses were provided to us to meditate on as we contemplated over how God protected and carried us through the year. The speaker also spoke on the subject. I was even involved in a hilarious skit that spoke the message of how we shouldn't take things for granted.

2009 has been a challenging year of roller coaster-like ups and downs. I am actually thankful to be alive and sane in all honesty.

There were some great heights reached during the year, just as there were some really low valleys that I had to trudge through. There were times of celebration, as there were times of mourning. This was a year where relationships flourished, as well as suffered. This was a year I was blessed with some of the happiest moments in my life, as well as the saddest. This was a year I capitalised on some of the opportunities that came my way, while horribly missing out on some others.

I only stand tall today because God has enabled me to. He truly is a God who is able to do immeasurably more that we can ask or imagine, and I want to testify to His faithfulness in carrying me even through the darkest storms of my life.

I walk into a new year with renewed hope for the future. My hand inside His.

No comments: