Saturday, July 18, 2009

come to the water

You said You'd come
And share all my sorrows
You said You'd be there
For all my tomorrows
I came so close to sending You away
But just like You promised
You came there to stay
I just had to pray

And Jesus said, "Come to the water
Stand by my side
I know you are thirsty
You won't be denied
I felt every teardrop
When in darkness you cried
And I strove to remind you
That for those tears I died"


Your goodness so great
I can't understand
And dear Lord, I know
I know You're here now
And always will be
Your love loosed my chains
And in You I'm free
But Jesus, why me?

Jesus, I give you
My heart and my soul
I know that without you
I'd never be whole
Saviour, You opened
All the right doors
And I thank You and praise You
From earth's humble shores
Take me - I'm Yours

- Marsha Stevens

No comments: