Thursday, October 30, 2008

brain fix

The happenings of the last couple of hours was pure therapy.

I mean, really.

Sure, it didn't involve me lying down on a recliner and answering questions posed by a shrink. As a matter of fact, there I was - on a half-court in church...running, catching, throwing, and for the first time in 7-8 years. But the most unusual of settings can sometimes prove to be the grounds for some real breakthroughs. And tonight was one of those.

It was as much a physical exercise as it was a mental one. Let me just say that the ball was certainly not the only thing on my mind as my brain went through a spin cycle at a thousand revolutions a minute.

And I endured it. I fought it. I lasted it. Why, I even forgot about it! I-conquered.

I'm glad you dragged me along.

I'm glad I went.

No comments: