Wednesday, November 30, 2005

recipes galore


Too many uneaten dead animals in the freezer! Some fish fried after seasoning with salt and turmeric, on a bed of potatoes and chives.


A pasta dish that I fixed for C&S Group potluck not long ago. Farfalle with roasted back bacon, roasted red peppers, tomatoes and chives (again!), and seasoned with salt, pepper, chopped basil and lemon juice.


Was in the mood to experiment one Sunday evening and that yielded pretty fruitful results =) Fried chicken patties (made from chicken, mashed hard-boiled egg, flour, salt and oregano) served with pasta, long beans, and this purplish-green vege that I found in the supermarket. Nice!


By now, you should have figured that I had quite a large stock of chives to finish off! =p Dory fillet poached in some milk, with some canned button mushrooms and chives thrown in for flavour and colour. Served on a bed of spaghetti and that green-purple vegetable again.


I returned from my little trip to Bukit Tinggi on Sunday afternoon with 3 packs of REALLY fresh vegetables. Here, I get to sample the fresh brown mushrooms that I bought, and some purplish-green leafs (not the same as the abovementioned) that I was curious about.

I also had some tiger prawns in the freezer that mom had bought for me some time back. It was a splendid opportunity to experiment again! What you see is a simple mushroom and prawn pasta dish with a tomato-based sauce, thickened with some milk, and flavoured with some basil, salt and pepper. Served with spaghetti and blanched leafy greens.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

can you come over here and cook for me? i'm gettin sick of maggi...

-tetrarch of abilene